The aim of the course is to:
Provide the candidate with the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating the 360 degree Excavator.
The objectives of the course are to enable delegates to:
- Be able to operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers’
- instructions and accepted good practice. Carry out a pre-shift inspection.
- Be able to operate safely under varying site conditions.
- Be able to carry out minor adjustments and routine services.
- Have sufficient knowledge and practical skills to successfully complete the NPORS Technical Test.
Who do we recommend attends the course?
All personnel required to operate a 360 Degree Excavator of any size.
Candidates will participate in theory lessons and practical demonstrations / exercises, all of which are highlighted by the use of OHP & Videos covering;
- An Introduction to the Construction
- Current relevant regulations
- Introduction to machine Pre – shift inspections Controls and instruments
- Coolant, fuel and lubrication systems
- Trenching, back-filling, levelling and marking out
- Excavating deep and shallow excavation
- Other associated construction activities
- Explanation of attachments
- NPORS Technical Test Theory Element
This depends on the experience and number of candidates, the ratio of candidates / machines per Instructor.
HEALTH & SAFETY TRAINING / TESTING
If the Health & Safety Test is Successfully completed & passed prior to taking the NPORS Assessment this will be added to the operator card.
TESTING / CERTIFICATION
All candidates will complete the Full (Theory & Practical) NPORS Technical Test and on successful completion will be issued with a NPORS Operators Card
Funding available for this course, eligibility required.