- Gaining a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Learning a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used.
- Being able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions.
- Being able to locate and identify key controls and explain their functions.
- Conducting all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements.
- Identifying and maintaining PPE appropriate for skid steer loader use.
- Preparing the skid steer loader for use and operating machinery safely and efficiently
- Environmental considerations
- Storage and transport of implements and attachments
- Demonstrating knowledge and understanding of loading and unloading procedures for machine transportation.
- Carrying out all end of shift and shut down procedures.
You will be tested on your knowledge with both practical and theory tests.
NPORS Skid Steer Loader – N212
To provide you with a thorough understanding of the relevant operational and safety requirements applicable to skid steer loader operators, working in the construction industry and allied environments.
This is a plant test that is suitable for people who have sufficient knowledge and practical experience to be able to pass the theory and practical element for the NPORS Operator Card. Pre-test training and assessment can be arranged.