Who Should Attend?
The full five day New Roads and Street Works training course for Operatives is suitable for those who are responsible for performing excavation and reinstatement duties on public roads.
The full course for Operatives is very ‘hands on’ and includes practical exercises and classroom based tutorials.
Upon successful completion of the New Roads and Street Works course, Operatives will have the following units displayed on their card:
- Unit 1: Location and Avoidance of Underground Apparatus.
- Unit 2: Signing, Lighting and Guarding.
- Unit 3: Excavation in the Highway.
- Unit 4: Reinstatement and Compaction of Backfill Materials.
- Unit 5: Reinstatement of sub-base and road base in non-bituminous materials.
- Unit 6: Reinstatement in cold-lay bituminous materials.
- Unit 7: Reinstatement in hot-lay bituminous materials.
- Unit 8: Reinstatement of concrete slabs.
- Unit 9: Reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways.
They will also receive the following certificates:
- S001: Certificate in Excavation in the Highway (Units 1, 2 & 3).
- S002: Certificate in Excavation, Backfilling and Reinstatement of Construction Layers (Units 1-6).
- S003: Certificate in Reinstatement of Construction Layers in Hot-Lay and Cold-Lay Bituminous Materials (Units 1, 2, 6 & 7).
- S004: Certificate in Reinstatement of Concrete Slabs (Units 1, 2 & 8).
- S05: Certificate in Reinstatement of Modular Surfaces and Concrete Footways (Units 1, 2 & 9).
The New Roads and Street Works card is accredited by the City & Guilds and is valid for five years. In order to renew this card, candidates will need to complete the two-day Requalification training course.